Fall

Monday, June 25, 2012

June 25, 2012

Hello, my friends who are still checking our blog!  I hope you are all enjoying the summer break!  I know Case, Lizzie, and I are--we've enrolled in her first library reading program (I hope you have, too!), gone to Seven Peaks in Provo a few times (and we are going to start going more regularly on weekday mornings once we get her bike child seat carrier), and even ventured on a camping trip (which Lizzie LOVED)!  We are trying to make the most of every beautiful summer day!  Are you?  :)

As for everything else, I have a few odds and ends to share:
1) My latest DonorsChoose.org project got funded!  (remember the people that gave us a document projector and speakers?)  This time, the classroom is getting a laptop!!  That means, next time a student wants to do a quick research project or powerpoint or UTIPS or type up a published piece, they CAN!  SWEEEET!
2)  I just finished putting pretty scrapbook paper in cheap dollar-store frames in which I will display the goals for each subject every day!  (remember that picture I showed you guys ages ago? I never forget when a good idea comes up!)  :)
3) Things are going well for Case's Air Force JAG application.  In other words, he has started it, and he will hopefully get an interview in August.  Then, we will hopefully find out if he gets in by the end of 2012!  If that's the case (pun intended!), after he graduates next Spring, and after he passes the Bar exam for lawyers next summer, and after he does officer training NEXT winter (as in, winter 2014), then we will be off to who knows where.  So it might be a bit of an understatement to say this will be a long process...  But it will be worth it!
4)  Last, but certainly not least, here are some pictures of our summer so far!  Enjoy the rest of yours!










No comments:

Post a Comment